Skate Canada Membership Benefits
The benefits of belonging to a Skate Canada Club are many, here are just a few:
- Your child will be a member of Skate Canada, the national governing body for figure skating in Canada
- You register your child through your Home Club(Cambridge Skating Club) which makes you as parents voting members of the Club, providing your child is under the age of 18
- Your child will receive a membership registration identification number that has been recorded at the National Office of Skate Canada. This number will not change and remains your child’s link to Skate Canada forever; even in years you are not an active member. Keep the Membership Number in a safe place, as your child will need this registration number to participate in Skate Canada sanctioned events.
- Makes your child eligible to take Skate Canada Tests, participate in Skate Canada competitions, ice shows and other sanctioned events.
- Privileges to enter the Members Only website of Skate Canada, that contains all the important information about our association.
- An accident insurance benefit at a substantially lower cost to the members than that available in other sports.
- Access to high quality programs that are recognized and often sought after internationally and by other national sport organizations.
- Access to qualified, NCCP certified Skate Canada professional coaches who have been trained through high quality training programs developed by Skate Canada.
- National registry of figure skating qualifications (tests) and results (for qualifying events) held in a central computerized system for easy access.