Skate Canada Membership Benefits
The benefits of belonging to a Skate Canada Club are many, here are just a few:
- Your child will be a member of Skate Canada, the national governing body for figure skating in Canada
- You register your child through your Home Club(Cambridge Skating Club) which makes you as parents voting members of the Club, providing your child is under the age of 18
- Your child will receive a Membership Registration Card with an identification number that has been recorded at the National Office of Skate Canada. This number will not change and remains your child’s link to Skate Canada forever; even in years you are not an active member. Keep the Membership Card in a safe place, as your child will need this registration number to participate in Skate Canada sanctioned events.
- Makes your child eligible to take Skate Canada Tests, participate in Skate Canada competitions, ice shows and other sanctioned events.
- Privileges to enter the Members Only website of Skate Canada, that contains all the important information about our association.
- An accident insurance benefit at a substantially lower cost to the members than that available in other sports.
- Access to high quality programs that are recognized and often sought after internationally and by other national sport organizations.
- Access to qualified, NCCP certified Skate Canada professional coaches who have been trained through high quality training programs developed by Skate Canada.
- National registry of figure skating qualifications (tests) and results (for qualifying events) held in a central computerized system for easy access.